March 14, 2014. We are in the process of migrating the website, and not all pages have been moved. If you want to visit one of the older pages, they can be found at nmsta.wildapricot.org. We’ll get the site up and running as soon as we can.
The New Mexico Science Teachers Association (NMSTA) is dedicated to providing a network for educators throughout the state to work collaboratively towards improving science education from Pre-kindergarten through college. The NMSTA assists classroom teachers enhance science education by providing guidance and sharing strategies through professional development.
Save the Date!
We’re working on the annual fall conference. It will be held in Albuquerque from November 14-16. The co-hosts of the conference are NM Museum of Natural History and Explora. If you are interested in helping out, contact Deb Novak and let her know. We can use all your talents.
Some quick links
- Join the NM Math & Science list: If you have a gmail address, you can go to http://groups.google.com/group/NM-Science-Math and request to join. If you have a different email address, it’s easier to send an email message to NM-Science-Mathemail@example.com.
- Like us on Facebook
- Subscribe the Google Calendar: there is a link on the calendar page.
Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching
2012 Presidential Teaching Award
Anna Suggs from Zia Middle School in Las Cruces has been chosen as a National Award Winner for 2012! She will be presented with her award at the Las Cruces Schools Board Meeting on April 15th, 2014.
The 2013 Presidential Teaching Awards
Two Albuquerque teachers, Dan Shaw and Karen Temple-Beamish, have been selected as the New Mexico State Finalists for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST).Shaw and Temple- Beamish are now eligible to receive a PAEMST award, the nation’s highest honor for U.S. mathematics and science teachers for grades K-12. The awards program is administered by the National Science Foundation (NSF) on behalf of The White House.
PED Announces STEM Symposium by ellenloehman - 04-07-2014
New Mexico Public Education Department STEM Symposium June 6-7, 8:30am-4:30pm At Albuquerque Marriot The PED will provide a $550.00 stipend to attending teachers who are:
- have a valid teaching license and are employed in a NM Public or Charter School
- elementary teachers who teach math and science as part of their instruction or
- grade 7-12 teachers whose majority of their course assignments are science, technology, engineering or mathematics and have STARS course code documentation
- Breakout sessions will be geared to content and grade-levels
- STEM Teacher Night at the NM Museum of Natural History & Science, Friday evening from 7:00-9:00 pm